What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the section below.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Processing of digital and/or internet data
- trevi uses automatically-generated data for statistical purposes as well as for the security and improvement of our activities, services and website. These data will be transferred to third parties, as far as they are completely anonymised or cannot be traced back to you.
- trevi`s website automatically collects certain non-identifiable information on its visitors, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of the visitors’ computers, date and time of access to the website, the internet address of the website from which the visitor was linked to trevi’s website, the IP address of the visitor’s internet service provider, the visitor’s operating system, the parts, information and pages of the website the visitor accessed and/or viewed as well as the materials downloaded from the website
Purpose of processing digital and/or internet data
- These technical data are used for managing the website and to optimise trevi’s website and services. Additionally, these data may be used for historical, statistical or scientific purposes. These data will be transferred to third parties, as far as they are completely anonymised or cannot be traced back to you.
Automated decision making
- We do not make any decisions based on automated processing on matters that may have (significant) consequences for individuals. Such decisions are taken by computer programs or systems without any person (e.g. one of our employees) being involved.
How long we store personal data
- We do not store your personal data for a longer period of time than strictly needed to achieve the purposes for which your data are collected.
- We do not store any other personal data longer than need to achieve the purposes for which they are collected, for the fulfilment of statutory duties and the fulfilment of statutory obligations or the execution of agreements (such as limitation periods), and as a matter of course according to the applicable statutory retention periods.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
- We do not sell your data to any third parties and will only transfer them if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you, for the improvement of our website (in this case, your IP address may be processed) or in order to comply with a legal obligation.
We conclude a commissioned processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your personal data. We remain responsible for these processing operations.
- We do business with companies based in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we transfer personal data to third parties based outside the EEA and if there is no adequate level of protection in place, we will continue to monitor the processing of personal data and use legal transfer mechanisms to ensure that your personal data are protected adequately. Examples are the use of the EU Standard Contracts or the conclusion of contracts with parties certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield or regulations replacing it.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we protect personal data
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unintentional disclosure and unauthorised modification. If you think that your personal data is not secure or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us at email@example.com
What is a data breach? A data breach is a breach of security that leads or may lead to the unintentional or unlawful destruction, loss or modification or unauthorised disclosure of – or access to – personal data that are transferred, stored or otherwise processed.
If you are aware of a data breach or possible data breach, please inform us as soon as possible. We will take care of your reports as soon as possible for further investigation and take the necessary measures to prevent further damage to all persons involved and ourselves. As required by law, a data breach that may have serious consequences is to be reported to the Data Protection Authority and to the person(s) whose data are affected by this breach.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
Data Protection Enquiries 4th Floor, 26 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 7RB
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping basket.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your basket and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|IS_DEVELOPER_MODE||Session crypt key to indicate whether system is in developer mode.|
|SAAS_DESIGNEDITOR_VISUAL_BLOCK_MANAGEMENT_MODE||Indicates whether system is in visual block management mode.|
|SAAS_DESIGNEDITOR_THEME_PREVIEW_MODE||Indicates whether system is in theme preview mode.|
|SAAS_DESIGNEDITOR_INLINE_TRANSLATION_MODE||Indicates whether system is in inline translation mode.|
|MAGE_COOKIE||Indicates that cookies are initialized.|